Home

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Toy chest makeover

My father-in-law made this toy chest for my daughter when she was born. We love it... but had no room for it in her bedroom. So I decided to put it in her play area that is off of our family room. I painted the toy chest with red chalk paint since I had some left from other projects. Red is a very popular color in this house! I plan to use the toy chest as a coffee table in front of my tan colored couch in the future. But for now the toy chest is better tucked up against the wall so that no toddlers hurt themselves on it.

I used a mixture of two different Annie Sloan red paints. I was aiming for a color that would be similar to the chairs in the play area. Once I move the toy chest in front of the tan couch I think the red will not be so overwhelming.

                                                                 Before.....





After.....




No comments:

Post a Comment